Thursday, January 28, 2010

There's nothing like a little retail therapy.

Today was a no good, awful, very bad day. One of those days where one small thing goes wrong, and then nothing goes right after that. I'll try to spare you the most mundane details, but the straw that broke the camel's back (also literally known as the rock that chipped my windshield) just so happened to occur as I was driving by a shopping plaza. And, as women worldwide know, there is no better cure for the blues than spending money on things you don't strictly need.

I'm sure all the lovely ladies who run/bike/swim or otherwise exercise can understand that buying sports gear is almost as addicting as shopping for "regular clothes." I was planning to pop into Sports Authority soon anyway to pick up new goggles (the elastic band on mine broke), and since I was right there today when I hit the peak of my grumpiness, I decided to head inside and soothe my nerves by browsing.

Ha, browsing. Right. The goggles were located alllllllll the way in the back, and, since it's a big store, I had to walk through the apparel section to get there. Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, and more, all spread out at my finger tips. There were some decent sales going on, and you tell me, what girl can pass up a sale? Even if it's something you don't need, it's so cheap, why not buy it, right? I mean, you might need it someday, and then you might not be able to find it for such a good price. It's all about rationalization, people.

I picked some items up, put some back, picked up some more...deliberated...and here is what I finally walked out with. Actually, I don't think I went too crazy. 

 

From left to right, that would be a Speedo pull buoy, TYR goggles, a Speedo swim cap, Nike compression shorts, and a Nike zip-up. The best deal of the day? The zip-up. Scored that baby for $11.99, and the original price was $60. Plus, aren't the PINK goggles and swim cap awesome?? 

I have to say, by the time I got home, I was in a much better mood. I only needed one last pick-me-up to hit real happiness, and once I'd polished off that Hershey's bar, my troubles seemed far behind me. (What can I say? I'm a woman!)

6 comments:

  1. Remember earlier today when you said you were just going to run into Sport's Authority quick and get some goggles and that's it? Yeah. Well I'm glad you have the same will power that I do. Which would be very little to none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the goggles/swim cap. Awesome!!! Great deal on the zip-up. If we had deals like that at work I'd buy the whole store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cute stuff, chickadee.

    I just never shop for athletic stuff, though. And if you saw me at the gym, you'd probably have to do an intervention and tell me I need to! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I all of that stuff! Truth is, I never buy regular clothes, but I love to shop for running stuff!

    Hope today is a better day for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe.

    I love the goggles and cap! I need a buoy!! Well, I need to become a member of the YMCA so I have a pool to use the buoy IN!!!!

    And yeah, shopping can totally cure a bad day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, retail therapy is the best cureall!!!

    ReplyDelete