Friday, October 29, 2010

Losing my mind over Groupon

I seriously think I'm losing it. I've been so out of it all week long, and I don't know why. So far I've locked my keys in the car (Wednesday), walked out of the house without my purse and didn't even realize it until I had to get gas (Thursday), forgotten about the time change for a meeting (also Thursday), and misplaced a paycheck (day unknown). 

Maybe I'm just tired, although I shouldn't be, because I'm sleeping later this week than I have in months. Maybe my brain is sharper the less sleep I get? Wouldn't that be something.

Anyway, does anyone else love Groupon as  much as I do? I have a legitimate problem when it comes to getting roped in by super discounts. If something is 50% off, I will buy it, and I don't even care what it is or if I need it. Considering that everything on Groupon is 50% to 90% off, that's dangerous. 

However, today's deal is awesome. $40 for a month of unlimited classes at a hot yoga studio. I've always wanted to try hot yoga, even though I'm slightly afraid of overheating and passing out, plus someone told me that they shut the door to seal in the heat and don't let you out of the room even if you're about to die. (I don't think that's true, but still, just thinking about it makes me feel claustrophobic).

My yoga experience is limited to Jillian Michaels and P90X dvds, and one or two crappy classes at my crappy gym. I'm nervous that if I decide to go to hot yoga I'll make a complete fool of myself, but the studio specifies which classes are for beginners, and I can totally hold the crane pose for a full minute, so surely I'll be fine...right?

If I decide to go ahead and get the Groupon deal, I'll be trying out hot yoga and triathlon swim classes all in the month of November. It could be a great way to switch-up my exercise routine so I don't get bored, which I think I need to do since I got bored with running only and switched to P90X, then got bored with P90X only and switched back to running. I definitely need to mix it up.

Although maybe all of the "mixing it up" is what's driving me to so much distraction that I keep forgetting simple things...

No comments:

Post a Comment