Saturday, November 6, 2010

A tale of two FAILS

In my past two posts, I talked about two different things I wanted to try out - swim lessons for beginner triathletes and hot yoga. Well, for various reasons, I won't be doing either. Yup. FAIL.

I had gotten an e-mail from a local women's triathlon group about the swim lessons - every Sunday at the YMCA. It was the same Y where I did an indoor triathlon and a combination indoor/outdoor triathlon, so I just figured that particular Y was very "triathlete friendly." Which would be nice. And the price wasn't bad either, $60 for 6 lessons, so $10 per lesson. But, when I re-visited the e-mail to find out how to register, I realized I'd missed some of the fine print the first time around. It turns out, the lessons were only for people who were already full members of the Y. I am definitely not any type of member of the Y, because it's so dang expensive. There went my brilliant idea for getting back into swimming. I guess I will have to motivate myself to do it on my own!

As for the hot yoga Groupon, I was sort of talked out of purchasing it. I checked out how far away the studio was, and it was about a 40 minute drive. It would be relatively impossible for me to make any classes on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, so I'm not sure how economical a month of unlimited classes would be. So I didn't buy it. 

However, a friend told me she has guest passes to her gym, which offers hot yoga, so she promised to bring me along some time. Which means, technically, that I will get to at least try hot yoga. I'd love to belong to the gym she goes to - it has multiple pools, including a separate kids pool so swimmers don't have to deal with splashing children, plus it's just super nice, but of course, it's uber expensive. I might try to convince the fiance to join after the new year, if we can get a deal on a family plan, but...I'm not hopeful.

Maybe I should have called this post "a tale of three fails" instead of just two, because now that I think about it, this whole week has been a giant workout fail. Only two workouts so far, and it's already Saturday. A 3-mile run on Tuesday, and 60 minutes of plyometrics on Friday. FAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment