Saturday, February 27, 2010

February in review!

The month isn't truly over yet at the time of this post, but it's the second-to-last day of February, and I'm not planning on doing any swimming/biking/running today or tomorrow, so the numbers I'll present right now are it.

Swim total: 5,450 meters/3.4 miles
Bike total: 270 minutes/4.5 hours (indoor trainer, don't have a mileage count)
Run total: 45.5 miles
Strength training: 220 minutes/3.7 hours
Races: 1 indoor triathlon - 11th place out of 47 women

I'm not exactly thrilled with the amount of training I did in February, but overall, I think it's a step in the right direction. I have to keep reminding myself that my run mileage won't be as high as it was when I was in marathon training, or even when I was purely focused on running instead of triathloning. It's a bit hard when I've always relied solely on running to stay in shape, and all month I've been fighting the feeling that, since I haven't been running a ton, I'm getting out of shape.

I definitely could have stepped it up a least a little bit, though. I skipped at least 2 scheduled swims in favor of sleeping in, whoops. And, I'm terrible about getting on the indoor bike trainer. Even though I can sit directly in front of my TV, I get SO. BORED. Surpisingly, even more bored than I get on the treadmill. The running - meh. I could have done a bit more in that department, but at the same time, I'm trying not to get injured before I hop into half-marathon training the second week in March. It's all about rationalization, right? The one thing I'm completely satisfied with is the strength training. I didn't do any strength training at all until roughly one year ago, and I'm pretty happy with the level I'm at right now.

For March, the goal is just to increase each total, even by a small amount. It's a longer month (by 3 days!) so that should help...

And, I'm sure you'll all be happy to know (and see) that at the end of February, my black toenail is still hanging on!

3 comments:

  1. I'm quite with you about getting bored with bike things, Lucy-lu. I don't know why I don't feel the same way about the treadmill.

    I applaud your February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be thrilled with your training, but I understand how it's not up to where you like it. Good luck improving in march. I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go totally insane trying to ride a bike trainer. I don't feel like the 'mill is so bad, either, but the bike trainer. Oh man.

    ReplyDelete