Monday, April 19, 2010

Sneakers? What sneakers?


Yeah...I have what some may consider a "sneaker hoarding" problem. But I KNOW I am not the only one...in fact, I personally know a few people who have a far bigger collection than I do! It's just so hard to get rid of a pair of shoes that has served me so well (and cost me a pretty penny), and that I can use for other things after they're too worn out to run in. 

Pictured: 3 pairs of Asics Gel Cumulus 11s, 1 pair of Newtons, 1 pair of Vasque VST trail shoes, 1 pair of Brooks Defyance, 1 pair of Saucony ProGrid Triumph 5s, and 1 pair of Nike Air Zoom Elites.

Not pictured: 1 pair of Saucony ProGrid Triumphs that mysteriously disappeared one day (but I highly suspect darling boyfriend got ahold of them and threw them in the garbage), 1 pair of Asics Gel Cumulus 10s, also a boyfriend casualty (I got dog poop on them and left them on the stoop until it could dry out enough to flake off, but he thought I meant to throw them away....why would I do that???), and one pair of Sauconys (can't remember the model but they were red and black and made me look like Spiderman) that boyfriend convinced me to put in a shoe donation box.

Love: Asics Gel Cumulus (obviously), Newtons, Vasque VSTs.
Like: Saucony ProGrid Triumphs (but I got a stress fracture wearing my second pair of them so I'll never wear them again - superstition), Nike Air Zoom Elites (but they were a bit too wide for my foot, and also, they are discontinued).
Hate: Brooks Defyance (the inserts felt like they were made of concrete).

Potential uses for worn out sneakers: Cross training, yard work, walking the dog, squashing bugs, wearing with sweats when you need to leave the house unexpectedly, and annoying your boyfriend.

I don't know what I am going to do when our attic* runs out of space!

*I keep my clothes and shoes in the partially finished attic because we don't have enough closet space. Does anyone want to lend me $50,000 for renovations? I'll build a special cubby just for my retired sneakers.

4 comments:

  1. I love this! I also love how they are all in some form of Pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shoe collection! I have a "current" pair of running shoes, a pair of worn out running shoes for getting messy and a pair of "walking to work/indoor" shoes that I wear when I do workout DVD's :) The first 2 pairs are ASICS (1150 and 1140, respetively) and the 3rd pair are Adidas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another use for old Hayden shoes:
    Wave under the noses of criminals - they drop on the spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a current pair of running shoes, a pair of "at the gym" shoes that are the most current retired pair, and then a garden pair that are last in line. When I need a new running pair, everything gets shifted down, and if the garden pair isn't too nasty I donate them to the "make a track out of your shoes" donation thingy.

    ReplyDelete