Thursday, April 1, 2010

March in review

I can't believe we're already 1/4 of the way through 2010! Where does the time go? I don't like that it goes so much faster the older I get. 

Anyway, here are the totals for the month of March:

Swim total: 5,400 meters/3.375 miles
Bike total: 195 minutes/3.25 hours
Run total: 57.5 miles
Strength training: 130 minutes/2.17 hours
Races: 0

I'm feeling very "eh" about this month of training. I wonder if there will ever be a month I'm satisfied with? I did increase my running mileage, which is good, since I'm aiming to run a half marathon in June. I swam almost exactly the same distance in March that I did in February, and that's actually OK, because my regular pool was closed, meaning I had to try to swim in a different pool, with less convenient hours, and pay an extra $5 per session. I'm glad I just managed to maintain. Biking...I have no excuses for how far below my goal I fell this month. I got extremely bored with the indoor trainer, but even once the weather warmed up and I took it outside, I got bored with my limited options. Hopefully over the next few months I can find other people to ride with so I can hit the bike paths that aren't the safest to ride on alone. Strength training also took a big hit, though I'm not as worried about that as I am about my three main focuses.

On to April!

1 comment:

  1. I'll bike with you anytime once the weather gets nice (which will be very soon!). I'm hoping to get in more rides this season and having company is always a plus. Just let me know when...

    ReplyDelete